Covid-19 - Team Staff Procedures
The following is a quick summary of what team volunteers are responsible for, with regard to getting your players into and out of the arena safely, and in accordance with all protocols from the City of Barrie, Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, OWHA and BWHA. The Covid-19 Team Quick Reference Guide includes additional detailed protocols that must be followed at the arena, and in response to any sick individuals. All team officials should also ensure they are familiar with the full details of the BWHA's full Return to Hockey Plan.
- 3 team volunteers should arrive at the arena and be ready to assist no less than 20 minutes prior to the start of the activity.
- REMEMBER: the protocols for participants apply to all volunteers and coaches as well. A Facility Entry Screening Form must be completed for every volunteer and coach. All team officials must wear a mask at all times, and must maintain social distancing of 2m / 6 ft
- 20 minutes prior to the start of the activity, begin collecting the Facility Entry Screening Forms from the team members who are present. Ensure the forms are properly completed, with signature and parent contact information. Use your Team Attendance Tracker to note who is present, so you can confirm when the full team has arrived.
- 15 minutes before the start of the activity, confirm the to arena staff present that attendance has been taken, and that all participants have completed the necessary Facility Entry Screening Form. Present these items to the staff member for review if required - but you will retain them for the teams records.
- Once entry is completed, provide the Facility Entry Screening Form collected and Team Attendance Tracker to the team trainer, who will use the information to contact any parents if required. This information should be securely retained by the trainer for 30 days following the activity.
- When the facility staff member has approved, the team will proceed as a group to the dressing room. If all team members have not arrived, one volunteer can wait at the entrance for any latecomers. Anyone who arrives after less than 10 minutes prior to the activity starting time will not be permitted entry.
- Dressing room occupancy is limited to 10 players per room. Dressings rooms are to be supervised at all times. No horseplay is permitted. Players must not leave the dressing room until advised by the team officials that they are ready to take the ice. PLAYERS MUST NOT STAND BY THE BOARDS TO WAIT FOR PRACTICE TO BEGIN.
- Masks must remain on until helmets are put on just before leaving the dressing room to take the ice.
- After the practice/game, players must immediately return to their dressing room after leaving the ice. Masks must be worn once helmets are removed. Players should change out of hockey gear as quickly as possible.
- Players must not leave the dressing room until advised by the team officials that they are ready to take leave the building (once the next group is on the ice). The team will exit the building together as a group.